New Helix
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PSA: Characters based on real world events

Go down

PSA: Characters based on real world events Empty PSA: Characters based on real world events

Post by Adorabamf Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:18 am

It has been brought to my attention that one of the characters previously apped to New Helix (Thankfully the offending party appears to have dropped) was based heavily on a real-world incident to the point of being considered a rip-off. Even though New Helix is a fairly casual and easy-going group, this is not an issue I can ignore.

I am not saying don't base your characters around real events, but please, PLEASE, do not directly rip off real world criminals that committed heinous acts in their lives. It's not cool, it's not funny, and it can seriously upset people who may or may not have been involved in (or narrowly avoided) a similar incident in the real world. I don't care if it's a troll character. Don't do it.

I apologize if this comes across as harsh, strict, or anything like that, but I can't let it slide. Yes, this is a city full of dirty rotten criminals, but some things just aren't appropriate for places like Tegaki E, and we're still real human beings with real moral standards. Please be more careful with future character apps, but don't forget to still have fun while doing so. We will also be keeping a closer eye on app information. Stay awesome.
Adorabamf
Adorabamf

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum